Upper Mustang trek offers a spectacular trekking experience in the remote trans-Himalayan mountain region of Nepal. The 17-day trip begins in Kathmandu with tours of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Then we drive to Pokhara and fly to Jomsom the next day and begin trekking. Upper Mustang is also known as the Last Forbidden Kingdom because it wasn’t until the 1990s that tourists were allowed to enter the region. While trekking in the Upper Mustang region of Nepal, we can admire the uniqueness of tree-less landscape, rocky trails and views of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and other Himalayas.
Day 01 Arrival at Kathmandu and transfer hotel
Day 02 Drive to Pokhara
Day 03 Fly Jomsom (2720m) and trek Kagbeni (2800m)
Day 04 Trek to Chhusang
Day 05 Trek to Samar
Day 06 Trek to Geling (3570m)
Day 07 Trek to Tsarang (3560m)
Day 08 Trek to Lo Manthang (3840m)
Day 09 Rest at Lo Manthang (3800m)
Day 10 Excursion Lo Manthang (3800m)
Day 11 Trek to Yara (3550m)
Day 12 Excursion to Luri gompa, Ghara Gaon
Day 13 Trek to Tangge (3240m)
Day 14 Trek to Chhusang (2980m)
Day 15 Trek to Muktinath (3800m)
Day 16 Trek to Thorongla pass (5416m) & back to Muktinath
Day 17 Trek to Jomsom (2720m)
Day 18 Fly: Jomsom to Pokhara
Day 19 Fly back to Kathmandu
Day 20 Sightseeing & Evening Departure
- Historic Kingdom Lo Manthang.
- Buddhist Monasteries along the way.
- Panoramic view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountains.
- Stunning trek in the isolated Trans-Himalayan Mountain region.
- Tibetan influence culture, traditions and hospitality.
- Many high passes, peaks, glaciers, and alpine valleys.
- Explore Nepal's oldest Buddhist Monasteries, ancient and isolated villages with quaint white washed houses
- Airport transfers with an escort
- All meals during trek
- Accommodation during trek
- Kathmandu to Pokhara transportation in a private vehicle
- Pokhara to Kathmandu airfare
- Pokhara/Jomsom/Pokhara airfare
- English speaking local guide & porters
- Annapurna Conservation Area permit
- Trekkers' Information Management System fees
- 3 nights' accommodation at tourist standard hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing with breakfast
- 2 nights’ accommodation in Pokhara on twin sharing with breakfast
- All guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and entry fees.
- Equipment and clothing for all porters and staff
- Insurance for all staff and porters
- All government & applicable charge
- Nepal visa - Multiple Entrée 30 days - USD 40 per person
- International flight
- Mustang trekking permit (USD 500 per person for first 10 days and USD 50 per person per day thereafter).
- Horse ride fee at Lo Manthang
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Extra baggage charges
- Tips, any expenses incurred in emergency evacuation/road block due to any reason.
View the embedded image gallery online at:
- I always wished to have a wonderful and memorable trip and now my wish is fulfilled. Thank you very much for organizing and managing such a great trip.
- Treks and Tours with Boss Adventure is like traveling with family members because of the people working on who always tried to do their best to fulfill everything we need. Awesome places with awesome peoples of Boss Adventure.
- Spending time by visiting new places is right decision that every people made and for me the right decision I ever made while visiting new places was when I choose Boss Adventure for tours in Nepal. Thank you for making my time worthy.
Wellington, New Zealand
- Our guide and driver in Bhutan were awesome, too. Our guide in north India was wonderful, it was great to have a Tibetan-Buddhist guide for us. I want to thank you for your service, you did a great job planning the trip and taking care of the problems that arose.I appreciate your help.
Small Group Departures
|Start Dates||End Dates||Size||Price (per person)||Availability||Booking|
|Sep 08, 2018||Sep 27, 2018||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Sep 15, 2018||Oct 04, 2018||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Sep 28, 2018||Oct 17, 2018||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Oct 05, 2018||Oct 24, 2018||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Oct 19, 2018||Nov 07, 2018||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Oct 26, 2018||Nov 14, 2018||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Nov 09, 2018||Nov 28, 2018||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Nov 16, 2018||Dec 05, 2018||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Mar 04, 2019||Mar 23, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Mar 10, 2019||Mar 29, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Mar 23, 2019||Apr 11, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Mar 29, 2019||Apr 17, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Apr 12, 2019||May 01, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Apr 19, 2019||May 08, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|May 10, 2019||May 29, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Sep 07, 2019||Sep 26, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Sep 14, 2019||Oct 03, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Sep 28, 2019||Oct 17, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Oct 05, 2019||Oct 24, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Oct 18, 2019||Nov 06, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Oct 25, 2019||Nov 13, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Nov 08, 2019||Nov 27, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
|Nov 15, 2019||Dec 04, 2019||12 people||USD||Open||BOOK|
Trip price may vary depending upon the group size.
Open This trip is OPEN for booking
Request On Request: You can book this trip on REQUEST
Closed SOLD OUT and no further booking is possible for this date